"Problem Occurred" without solution

What happened?
After importing multiple email addresses, I received a problem, occurred button on the bottom of my screen, and now I have no clue what to do with it or how to solve it

What did you expect to happen?
I would like the button to explain what each error means, and how to solve it, or what to do to try and solve it or the reason as to why it’s there

Steps to reproduce
No clue

What mail provider(s) are you using?
iCloud
Gmail
Outlook
Gmail

What version of iOS?
iOS 17 beta 1

What build number of Big Mail?
2.0 (27)

(You can find this in TestFlight)

Update:
The keychain error only appears when I enter my Apple smart box for some reason

Hey Jace

Would you mind sharing some debug logs so I can take a look? Here’s what to do:

1. Restart the app.
  2. Pull down to refresh/sync .
  3. If you see the error again, head to App Settings > Help > Share Debug Logs.
  4. Pop a message here with roughly the time you shared the logs and I’ll be able to find them.

Usually the Keychain error will display the account causing the problem, which makes me wonder if it’s happening elsewhere. Do you have a Big Mail Online account? Have you noticed one account not updating? Or do they all appear to be syncing still?

Thanks

Done, here’s a video too:

Logs sent and 11:24 AM EST

I do have a Big Mail Online account, nothing changing there. All my emails seem to be syncing

Thanks for sharing!

I’ve taken a look at the logs and it seems to be a problem syncing one of your accounts to Big Mail Online. Specifically it’s complaining the email addresses isn’t valid. The address is redacted in the logs so unfortunately I can’t tell you which one it is, but if I had to guess it’ll be the most recent account you added.

I’ll look at improving the error message in the app so it’s clear what’s happening.

If you’ve checked the email address and it looks normal (no special chars, spaces, etc) pop me a private DM with a screenshot of the account settings and I’ll see what we can do.

Oh no wonder, I recently changed the “address” field for each account to a normal name like “Main” and “School” thinking it wouldn’t effect the calling of the mail account.

It is kinda disappointing how I can’t change the name of the account so that on my home page it doesn’t just list all my emails but instead can have nice looking names like on Apple mail.

Ahh yes that will be it!

We’ll be adding a nickname field so you can label each account how like, but right now the “address” and “name” field need to be your actual email (and what name you want to appear as when you sent mail).

Thanks for taking the time to feedback.